Saturday, April 23, 2005

Mountains!


This is mount lemon highway in Tucson, Arizona. Its one of my favorite rides, probably in the world. It starts at 3000 feet and within 22 miles climbs to nearly 9000 feet while going through 6 or 7 different vegetation zones; its bliss. After several months in the flat lands of Florida...my 65 year old friend Bob (who is quite amazing) chased me up this mountain. I had to turn around before Milepost 10, but Bob and Suze kept climbing all the way to Milepost 20. I'm headed out there now...to do it all again.

2 Comments:

Blogger thedurovcircle said...

Lisa,

Whoever is in the blue jersey (second rider) has the PASTIEST white legs I have ever seen. S/he needs to get outside a little more...:)

david

12:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa Picard said...

Okay...so the guy is 65 years old, and is from Seattle, what do you expect!
:)

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home