Friday, August 19, 2005

Glance

Just about every day I'm driving around South Beach, some guy comes gliding up along side of me in some red or bright yellow spendy automobile that if purchased would set you back six figures and often times $250K like the newer Ferraris. You can see them approaching from a mile away. Well, as soon as they pull up to the line just to your left they continue gazing over at your car...waiting, wanting, wishing you'd see them in their fine machine; they sit...impatiently...waiting, wishing, so wanting you to see it was them driving that car. It's at this moment I turn away and offer my gaze to the right where there is a 1982 Toyota Tercel driven by a couple of Cubanos on their way to work. Smiling, they smile back...light turns green...I'm out of the block...and off to the next signal where I'm sure another bling, bling vehicle awaits per chance, my glance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home