Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Montreal vs. Miami

I've been in Montreal since Monday. The trip is a business trip, and its been a trip...a nice one to give more perspective on Miami and life in general.

In Montreal, they speak French; In Miami,...well Spanglish;

Montreal, they use the Canadian dollar for currency; Miami, one uses any currency available (cash, gold, food, certain acts - you get the picture);

Montreal, restaurant staff is welcoming and cordial; Miami, is there wait staff? (certainly you pay for them - 15-18% tip is automatically added to every bill);

In Montreal, I'm loved as they say "ah....peeeeeecarhhhhhh," (as Picard is a loved French name and it took me a while before I knew they were talking to me);
In Miami, I'm a dot on the highway actually a small one as you must show skin, clevage, and walk with a manufactured bounce and swag to further attract any wandering eyes.

So I depart late this afternoon to Tucson via Chicago; logging the miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home